You may or may have not heard of Delices de France. This is my favorite French Boulangerie in Miami. Boulangerie means a bakery that specializes in baking and selling bread. They are also a patisserie and cafe. A patisserie is a place where French pastries and cakes are sold. The bakery is a little piece of authentic France in the outskirts of Miami. I have yet to find a bakery that compares to Delices de France anywhere in Miami. I have to say it is even better than some of the boulangeries and patisseries I have visited in France. Everything is high quality, fresh and utterly delicious! Even the least popular food item will taste good.
You will usually find a line in the mornings as a testimony to the amazing croissants, sandwiches, pastries, desserts and coffee they sell. Here are some of my favorite things which I highly recommend:
1. Dalmations - These are mini croissants that melt in your mouth. A regular croissant with black seeds with a moist center coated with a sweet sugary clear glaze.
2. Almond Croissant - This croissant has a nice moist center that is filled with a rich almond paste and sprinkled with white powdered sugar. It is also available as a mini croissant.
3. Panomelette - This is a simple egg sandwich that is not on the menu. It is plain eggs in a circular shape as a small omelette on fresh bread. This item usually sells out in the mornings. Make sure to get there early if you would like to try this.
4. Chocolate Mousse - The mini chocolate mousse is spectacular. It is a scrumptious and delectable chocolate mousse encapsulated by a chocolate dome with a spongy layer cake on the bottom. This is also available in large cake sizes.
5. Mozzarella Platter - This is fresh mozzarella served with Roma tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, basil and a roll.
6. Mochaccinno - This is a capuccino with Belgian chocolate that is melted into the coffee. You can choose soy milk and almond milk in lieu of regular milk.
7. Noisette - The traditional coffee with cream just as in France is also available and it is delicious. Much like a Miami cortadito, but with a French twist. Instead of milk, cream is used and mixed with the coffee.
They have many croissants and pastries to choose from. They also have amazing holiday logs and cakes available. If you want to impress at your holiday party, be sure to buy a dessert from here!
They are located at 14453 South Dixie Highway, Miami, FL 33176. Their hours are Monday thru Friday from 7am - 6pm and from 7am to 2pm on Saturday and Sunday. Be sure to pay them a visit. You will not regret it!